Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mom's Mobile

For Mother's Day, my mom asked for a found object mobile. She had seen some she liked on Craftster and sent me the thread links. I had been saving thrifted spoons to make plant markers a la kittykill but thought that I could maybe use the same technique for the mobile.


Materials included thrifted silverware, thrifted metal colander, glass beads, prisms, silver colored wire from my stash, and brass colored wire from the craft store. Side note - in the jewelry section 3 yards of brass wire is $5.99 while in the flower section 5 yards of the same wire (different brand, but no real difference that I could see) is $3.99. It pays to shop around, even the same store. Then, brother and I spent a kid-free morning smashing spoons, stringing beads and twirling wire. Here is what we came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment