Sunday, June 12, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Finally! Some dry weather! Yeah, yeah, the rain is good, it makes the green. But plants need sunlight too, and my garden is LOVING it!

I had to thin the radishes. I think that thinning is my least favorite part of gardening. I feel like I'm telling those poor little plants "sorry, guys, you're just not good enough".
Now, I could wash them, trim the roots, and eat them. But... I have MICROGREENS! Yum.
If you've never had microgreens, you should. As Marley and I say, they are delicious and nutritious! I'll be having a microgreen salad for lunch today. They are also great on sandwiches and burgers. This time I bought a packet of microgreen seeds, but you can cut baby lettuce, radish, bok choi, pea sprouts, sunflower sprouts and more. Speaking of pea sprouts...
Reason 236 that I LOVE Burgerville. If your in SW Washington or NW Oregon, you know what I'm talking about. On a recent trip South, my parents took Marley to Burgerville and got her a kids meal. No crappy toy in there. No sir. Only a biodegradable bamboo pot with a packet of Oregon Sweet Peas.

And then, finally, just to do a little bragging...
That's right. Tomatoes. These were actually grown from seed in my neighbor's greenhouse.

Also ready to eat today - wild strawberries!

On my "To Do" list today - planting potatoes (3 kinds!), sunflowers, pumpkins and gourds! Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment