Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

No, not Christmas. The beginning of harvest time! Sure, I've been eating radishes, peas, carrots and microgreens for a few months, but now we're getting into the real deal! For about 2 weeks I've been getting 2-3 zucchinis every couple of days and a handful of green beans every other day. But today... today I went out to the garden and low and behold, a lemon cucumber and two Lemon Boy tomatoes!
Even though I have Farmers Market veggies in the fridge, I decided that tonight's salad should consist only of veggies from my own garden. So yum. Plus an extra tasty balsamic-hemp seed dressing. Now that I have discovered hemp seed oil, I will never use olive oil on my salad again.
Finally, check out these peppers. I have never successfully grown peppers before, but this year, my neighbor hooked me up with some pepper plants he had started in his greenhouse. I mean, look at these babies!
Something tells me there will be some more pickling and maybe even some salsa canning in my future!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, I was trying to get ahold of Joey. I saw his show up at Cafe Vita right now. I own Last Word Books in downtown Olympia and we'd love to have a show of his stuff sometime.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete